lauantai 25. tammikuuta 2014

HSF'14 Challenge # 2


 Innovation - regency underdrawers



..."to celebrate the way inventions, introductions and discoveries have inpacted fashion, make an item that reflects the newest innovations in you era....http://thedreamstress.com/2013/10/hsf-14-challenge-2-innovation/


Underdrawers, Unterhosen, Calecons, Lårfoder, Kalsonger, Kalsongit, Alushousut

- so I totally got lost in translation!!


This challenge is based on these blogs

http://janeaustensworld.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/ladies-underdrawers-in-regency-times/
http://www.fashion-era.com/drawers-pants-combinations-knickers-fashion.htm
http://www.songsmyth.com/underthings.html

And the big source is of course the finnish study of the 18th century clothing by R. Pylkkänen

In short - decent women have used underdrawers earlier, but mainly with riding habit or if it got really gold (winters). But in the regency era underdrawers started to become a normal thing to wear...


I wanted to do these, but since this was one day job in case my real ch.#2 wouldn't make it, I had to choose a simple version, since there wasn't time for that hardanger embroidery.

Pantalets



So instead I picked up  something shocking to do. I decided to try this kind of underdrawers though I have no evidence that this kind of trousers were ever used here in Finland. But they looked so horrible that I had to try.... The pictury is Mantua Maker's pattern, but I drafted my own - perhaps not so hist.acc. but horrible anyway.


Regency Underwear Sewing Pattern: Pantalettes Historical Pattern - 1810-4



I used cotton fabric, linen thread (and wax) and cotton ribbon. I cut two pieces and hand sewd all. The lacethingy in the botton of the drawers is not hist. acc. for this time period, but I had that lacey ribbon around and thought they should have at least something nice...




I have never ever worn anything this arrogant, immodest, indecent thing. I guess it's obvious why they are only seen  on my dress form.....



Vendela maid getting dressed


A cap - a linen cap, hand sewn with linen thread



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti